Moving, Moved….Back On Track
Why does moving cause such an upheaval in ones daily habits? Finally I get fingers to keyboard to get my thoughts and adventures recorded once more. It’s not that I haven’t thought of things to blog about, or not had the intention to do it, it just hasn’t been happening. I guess there’s a few reasons for this:
- We moved cities
- I got a dreadful job (I am no longer there)
- I got out of the habit while unpacking and trying to make everything fit into our new home (I still haven’t finished)
- All these things made me really tired, well actually exhausted!
They say that moving is one of the biggest stressors, and I have moved quite a lot. Each time I tell myself it will be okay and each time I end up getting exhausted. Lessons learnt.
Today I shall be short and sweet with where I am with my running at this stage:
- I managed to get an Auckland Half Marathon entry off Trade Me. It is perfect as it has the right size T-shirt and a ferry ticket included. All for a great price.
- Training has been going well, until yesterday….I pulled my hamstring doing hill repeats! Today I go to the physio, let’s see what they say. I did the RICE protocol yesterday and it feels a lot better today. I can’t see any bruising and there’s no sharp pain so fingers crossed!
I guess that’s it for now. I am back on the blogging horse 🙂